GUIDE ON HOW TO REMOVE GRASS STAINS FROM CARPET, Newport Beach CA
How to Get Grass Stains Out of Carpet – Method # 1
- Upon discovering the stain, mix a quarter teaspoon of mild laundry detergent with a cup of cold water. Cold water is the best way to go for this particular stain type.
- Dip a clean towel into the detergent and water mixture.
- Begin by blotting from the outside of the grass stain, working your way in toward the center. Avoid rubbing the stain.
- Continuously check the towel to see how much of the grass stain is transferring from the carpet to the towel. It should begin to disappear.
- Blot the stain using this method until the grass stain is no longer visible.
How to Remove Grass Stains from Carpet – Method # 2
Another at-home method you can try when you’re wondering how to get grass stains out of carpet involves using rubbing alcohol. Check out the step-by-step process below.
- Vacuum as much of the grass stain as possible (or any remaining soil that may have snuck into the house).
- Apply a bit of laundry detergent directly onto the stain. Put pressure on the stain to remove as much of the green coloring as possible.
- Rinse the stain with tap water and continue blotting.
- Apply an ammonia based solution directly onto the stain, and blot again.
- Next, pour a generous amount of white vinegar directly onto the affected area. Follow up by blotting the stain.
- Rinse with tap water and use a towel to blot the area dry.
Remove Grass from Carpet – Method # 3
The problem of how to get grass stains out of carpet can also be solved using Oxiclean (use according to manufacturer’s instructions). Follow these simple steps to give this do-it-yourself method a shot.
- Mix Oxiclean Versatile Stain Remover Powder in cool water.
- Pour the mixture onto the grass stain.
- Let the solution sit and soak into the stain for approximately 5 minutes.
- Rinse the affected area with cold water.
- Blot the carpet with a clean cloth or paper towels to remove remaining water.
- Once the area of the carpet is dry, vacuum it again. The grass stain should disappear.